Nourishing the urban food culture in Eugene/Springfield
Let Food Be Thy Medicine and Medicine Be Thy Food - Hippocrates
Organic - Non-GMO - Vegan
Eugene Microgreens is located in the Santa Clara area of Eugene Oregon
Our microgreens are GROWN TO ORDER and delivered to you weekly with our subscription box program.
Here's how it works:
1) Choose which microgreens you would like us to grow for you from our menu page
2) Click the link to purchase a subscription in our online store
3) Set out a cooler on delivery day and ENJOY!
We will deliver your microgreens of choice within 24 hours of harvest, week after week.
*modify or cancel anytime.
Weekly Delivery Now Available!
Microgreens contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals, which play hundreds of roles in essential bodily functions, and antioxidants that help the body eliminate unstable waste molecules known as free radicals.
These compounds go a long way towards:
preventing a range of diseases
boosting both mental and physical health and well-being
How to use
Use these mighty little plants to increase the nutrient content in your home-cooked meals which can improve your overall health.
Add them to sandwiches and wraps.
Sprinkle them into your soup, stew, or other cooked food before serving.
Add a handful to your smoothie.
Snack on them cold and fresh from the fridge.
Use your imagination and eat them however you like!
At Eugene Microgreens we harvest your microgreens in the cotyledon stage when they are at their peak of flavor and before they develop their first true leaves. In this stage of growth, the microgreens are still packed with the super nutrition that is contained in the seed to sustain the plant until its true leaves develop. Then we cool them quickly to 35 degrees to lock in the freshness and drastically increase their shelf life.
Microgreens score high in the sustainability category for several key reasons
1) It takes less water to grow plants to the microgreens stage, than to full maturity.
2) All required nutrients are already in the seed so no fertilizer is required.
3) Our microgreens are farmed vertically therefore no land is used.
4) We use high-quality durable trays that can be used hundreds of times each.
5) We compost the growing medium in our harvested trays.
6) Our microgreens are grown right here in Eugene helping to create a more sustainable community.
Just leave a cooler out and we will deliver your fresh microgreens every week all year round. Sustain your health and vitality with a weekly supply of our ultra nutritious microgreens!
*modify or cancel anytime
At Eugene Microgreens we use only organic seed and soil. Our dedicated grow space is climate controlled and monitored around the clock to ensure optimum growing conditions for maximum nutrient value as well as excellent shelf life. We also adhere to a strict sanitization schedule daily, weekly, and monthly.